It has been six months since I purchased the domain name for Pro-Life Prayer – The Great Prayer Project. Within those short six months, the website has seen many changes and upgrades. I have now made the focus on attracting search engine users who search for the key phrases “Pro-Life” and “Prayer”. According to Google’s Keyword Tool, the word “Pro-Life” receives about 450,000 searches worldwide in a month just on Google. The keyword “prayer” receives 13,500,000 searches worldwide a month. Both of these keywords are very competitive, so it’s going to take a great deal of work in order to move The Great Prayer Project website into a position to be in the top 20 in the next six months for either of these two keyword searches.
I am still working on reaching the Google Page Rank goal of having a 5 by the end of this month. This will be a huge challenge due to that fact I really haven’t done much link building in the last few weeks. I did finish the Spanish version of the website, so hopefully we will see increase traffic this and some linkage from Spanish website soon.
As for the month of April, we had a total of 849 visitors. It breaks down in to the following:
Our Top Five Sources for website traffic for the month of March were:
- Direct – 289
- Google – 147
- Yahoo – 79
- Cin.org – 49
- xt3.com – 30
The top five keywords individuals used in search engines to find our website were:
- Prayers to End Abortion – 59
- Prayers to end abortion – 28
- The Great Prayer Project – 25
- Abortion Facts – 16
- Prolife Prayer – 10
We can see that we have seen a lost when it comes to direct traffic and traffic from referral websites. We did see an increase in the number of visitors from search engines, especially Yahoo. I do feel that the main reason for the drop in the direct traffic has to do with the little bit of contact I have had with other pro-life website’s webmasters. I have plans to contact hopefully 50 other pro-life websites this month and if things go well, we should see up to five new links to The Great Prayer Project website.
We did have a decent amount of unique visitors to our website, a total of 506 for the month of April. That was a drop of roughly 400 unique visitors, but I do think that was expected after the huge push we made for the opening days of this project.
We had a total of 5,142 pages viewed with an average of 6.06 pages viewed by each visitor to the website. Each visitor spent on average 3 minutes and 45 seconds on the website. Over fifty percent of the visitors to the website were new to the site.
I am setting a goal of having 1000 visitors to the website in the month of May. This would roughly be an increase of 150 visitors over April. I believe this goal can and will be met.
If you have any questions on this project or increase website traffic to your website in general, feel free to leave a comment. I or another reader will do our best to answer any questions you may have. Remember, just like when you rented a VHS tape, you were reminded to “Be Kind, Rewind”. On this blog, I have a similar model, “Be Kind, Share Your Knowledge”. Thanks for reading.